To experience a culture one must experience its cuisine. Hanoi is one of the oldest cities in Vietnam, the country’s second largest city and the country’s capital. It has long-standing & eventful history, having been inhabited since 3000 BC. Hanoi’s modern history is a blend of the repercussions of wars, resulting in 1000 year Chinese domination, 100 year French colonial and a short period of Japanese occupation. Therefore, Hanoi is the origin of almost national dishes of Vietnamese.
”The proof of the pudding is in the eating”, In Hanoi, the best and the worst food is always the one at the local street food stands. Eating on the street is not only Hanoi food culture but a life style. Therefore, Hanoi walking street food tours is a best way to learn about Hanoi Food and Culture as you could dive into the tiny alleys to explore where local people live, work and eat. On our Hanoi walking street food tours, we expose you places that hard-to-find but worth-to-visit and places that only locals go and locals go.
Hanoi Walking Street Food Tours take our foodies beyond the tourist attractions and run away from the touristic restaurants to the maze of tiny alleys of Hanoi Old Quarter where live local people in such tiny local houses to experience how they live and eat.
We then dig beneath the crowds and chaos of thousands of local eateries to pick out the best of the best to treat you with the meals of your lifetime.
Joining our Hanoi walking street food tours to source the best street eats from markets, food carts, street cafes and other hard-to-find-but-totally-worth-the-effort secret spots.
Afternoon Tours: 18:00 – 21:00
Tour price: $25 USD per person
Style of Tour: Join-group, however, you can order a personalized, PRIVATE tour with surcharge, please contact us for more details.
Meeting Point: Hidden Gem Coffee, Add: No. 3B Hang tre Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi ( 15 minutes before the tours start for egg coffee show at the beginning of our trip)
Hanoi Walking Street Food Tours Highlights
- Tasting 7-10 authentic wonders of Hanoi cuisine- just like the locals do on the streets.
- Eating at random street-side eateries & authentic local restaurants
- Experiencing Family’s heirloom food and special delicacies
- Stroll through hidden alleyways and bustling markets of Hanoi’s charming old quarter
- Learn more about Hanoi’s unique food culture
- Try local specialties with influences from French and Chinese cuisine
- Enjoying Hanoi egg coffee and taking in a spectacular night view at Hidden Gem Coffee